IBM Planning Analytics Workspace (PAW) Training Course
Expert-led 1-day training course
Date: Coming soon – please contact us to express your interest
Location: HAYNE Solutions, 6 Arden Court, Arden Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 6NT MAP
Time: 9am to 5pm
“Very knowledgeable TM1 trainer. Liked that I could ask questions throughout and queries were answered in an understandable way”
Delegates will be trained first-hand by IBM Planning Analytics expert, Michael Weait and will come away with a detailed overview of the IBM Planning Analytics Workspace environment.
Participants will be provided with a pre-configured laptop and detailed training manual to perform hands-on exercises to consolidate their knowledge; as they work through the modules listed below.
Who is this training course for?
Anyone who wants to unlock the full potential of Planning Analytics and model or analyse data, create reports or build compelling dynamic dashboards using Planning Analytics Workspace.
This covers topics such as how to connect to Workspace, what are books, sheets and websheets and how to navigate through Workspace
This topic looks at how to create and format books, use the navigation tree, add images and text, add views and how to format cube views
This covers topics such as how to manipulate views, filter, drill and hide members, create asymmetric views, use attribute hierarchies and apply conditional formatting
This covers how to use features in the new set editor (which is now common across both Workspace and Planning Analytics for Excel)
This topic covers how to use the inbuilt functionality to add on-the-fly calculations to views within Workspace
This topic explores how to enter data into Workspace including using the inbuilt data spreading functionality, adding comments and using the chat function
This topic explores how sandboxes can be used in Workspace to perform on-the-fly “What If?” analysis and how this can be analysed against the base numbers
This topic covers how to incorporate Excel reports seamlessly into Workspace
This explores how to create a visually impactful dashboard and covers topics such as how to add widgets, tables and visualisations, synchronise objects across sheets or books, use action buttons to run processes and navigate through or outside of Workspace and how to finish off a professional-looking dashboard
This explores how data can be exported out of Workspace and covers topics such as exporting and bursting views into Excel and downloading books into PowerPoint
This topic looks at how content can be downloaded, emailed or shared via a link from Workspace
- Trainees are responsible for their own travel and accommodation, but we are happy to advise.
- A strict 48 hrs cancellation policy applies.
- The detailed training manual is yours to keep and take away.
- Places are limited to keep the sessions interactive, so please don’t delay in securing your place.
- You will receive a confirmation email, invoice and directions to the venue upon registering.
- Refreshments and a working lunch will be provided.
- Attendees will be provided with a pre-configured laptop.
- Car parking is limited, however there are pay-and-display car parks either side of the office.
- For anyone arriving by train, the Stratford-upon-Avon railway station is just 5 minutes’ walk.
- Photo and video may be taken for promotional purposes.