Upgrade IBM Cognos Controller, V10.3 is going out of supportRebecca Dagostino
All versions of IBM Cognos Controller 10.3 will reach End of Support with IBM on 30th September 2021 (date subject to change).
This means that IBM will no longer be providing full support or bug fixes. All versions of v10.2 reached End of Support in September 2019.
We strongly advise against running legacy applications that are past their prime for several reasons such as:
- Missing out on latest functionality
- Security vulnerabilities
- Software incompatibility
- Compliance issues
- Rising maintenance costs
- Poor performance and reliability
Book in your upgrade
Don’t risk leaving your upgrade until the last minute. Get the migration booked in with our technical team now to guarantee sufficient time and resources to have your move fully tested and operational, with no gap in support.
Now is an ideal time to upgrade to IBM Cognos Controller 10.4.2 (released in December 2019). This is a stable version and has been successfully implemented by several of our longstanding customers who have welcomed the expanded functionality for Controller Web and Classic Client.
New functionality includes:
- Users can now reset their own sessions after a network drop and no longer have to wait 10 minutes
- Now is the time to consider using Controller Web with the following benefits:
- Brand new user experience
- Easy to use workflow. Same functionality, much quicker process
- Now includes quick consolidation
- Web interface, allows customers to move away from Citrix / Remote Desktop in a LAN/WAN scenario
- Use Free forms for data entry in Web. Free forms created in Classic client can now be used in Controller Web
- Significantly, there is now an option to install Controller without an underlying version of Cognos BI or CA. This brings the following benefits:
- Faster rendering of internal reports using the new Embedded Report Library
- No need to manage new users in Cognos Access Manager in BI. Your users can be managed directly in Active Directory
- No more gateway errors when logging in after a server reboot
Why upgrade with HAYNE?
- EXPERIENCE – Our experienced team can help you with all aspects of your migration project. HAYNE Solutions is the most established and largest Controller partner in the UK; including our Chief Executive having a proactive role on IBM’s European Partner Advisory Board (PAB) alongside the Cognos Controller product management and development teams.
- REPUTATION – Our reputation is well-known for our dedication and expertise in delivering best-in-class IBM Cognos Controller – from upgrades and licence management to training, maintenance and support.
- SKILLED DEVELOPERS – HAYNE has also developed its own solutions which further enhance IBM Cognos Controller: HAYNE Auditor, HAYNE Unity, HAYNE Analytics and HAYNE iFPM.
- CERTIFIED – We are certified IBM Developers and the UK’s largest and most experienced team delivering IBM Financial Consolidation solutions.
The combination of the HAYNE focus and the strength of IBM Cognos Controller delivers results for our clients time and time again.