Microsoft Windows Server 2008/R2 out of supportRebecca Dagostino
MS Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 reached end-of-support on 14th January 2020.
Microsoft will no longer provide automatic fixes, updates, or online technical assistance. Vulnerabilities in the operating system that are discovered after this date will not be fixed by Microsoft. Furthermore, after that date security updates, bug fixes or technical content updates for the legacy platform will no longer be available. Consequently, data and resources that are tied to Windows Server 2008 or R2 will become increasingly vulnerable to cyber-attacks and it won’t be long before those systems are specifically targeted and exploited.
What action should you take now?
The recommended solution is to migrate to Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform. HAYNE is a Microsoft Gold Partner offering a fully managed and tailored hosting solution based on the Microsoft Azure IaaS platform which includes:
- Fully managed which takes away the pain and the administrative overhead that systems, infrastructure and support require
- End-to-end solution from architecture design, implementation, daily IT operations, patching, backups and support
- Tailored to your needs so while there are a minimum set of standards and services we provide under the management umbrella, HAYNE can do as little or as much as you require depending on your particular needs
- Powered by Microsoft Azure the market leading Cloud provider globally, it powers everything from Hotmail, Xbox and Office365. Microsoft Cloud is used at home, at school and at work and at some point everyone has used it
In addition to Microsoft’s own standards and security features, HAYNE incorporate additional measures to protect customer’s servers:
- Firewalls on every server
- Scheduled patching
- Rule of least privilege
- Multi Factor Authentication (where possible)
- Comprehensive monitoring
- Adoption of the ISO 27001 framework (Policies and processes)
- Sophos Advanced Server protection: Intercept
Fully managed cloud hosting
At HAYNE we have a team of dedicated, Azure qualified technicians to support you through your journey.
Please get in touch with HAYNE if you want to learn what HAYNE’s leading Cloud solution can do for you.